The Caldari people are noted for their strict adherence to capitalist principles, personal honor, and martial hardness.
It takes enormous aptitude, or tremendous luck, to get ahead in the Caldari State. Those who do are not easy to knock out of their positions.
The State Leader
- Tibus Heth is the former Executor of the Caldari State. After growing disgusted at how the State was being treated by the heads of the Megacorporations, he fomented a revolution and gained leadership part through a series of violent showdowns, and part through a diplomacy fuelled both by his own fury and the support of shadowy figures. He was removed from power following Operation Highlander and is currently wanted by the Chief Executive Panel under Caldari basic law for the murder of Admiral Visera Yanala, terrorism, and political extremism and wanted by Kaalakiota for theft of vessels and embezzlement of corporate resources.
The Corporate Heads
After the horrors of the Gallente-Caldari war, eight Megacorporations rose to the fore within the Caldari State. Thanks to the group-mind and subservience-oriented mindset that permeates State culture, these corporations were able to achieve dominance over the empire's administration with full support of the people. Or, at least, full official support - and who, exactly, is going to speak out of turn?
The corporations are split according to three ideological power blocs that affect both internal operation and external diplomacy. The first bloc is the Practicals, who, as the name suggests, care little about friend-or-foe politics and much prefer to focus on eventual profit. They will strike deals with anyone, whether it's a Caldari, some other empire citizen, or even a loathsome pirate.
- CBD Corporation head
- Dagan, a capsuleer with a fear of drones.
- Foraani, an enterprising and rebellious worker.
- Gilea Kiljaani, a woman in search of a new look.
- Haatakan Oiritsuu, ex-CEO of Kaalakiota Corporation.
- Harben Mullar, an executive editor.
- Janeira, Orin's friend.
- Liandra, a kill agent.
- Nugoeihuvi Corporation head
- Orin Sitsui, a materials tech working for Kaalakiota Corporation.
- Rekka, a reporter for Harben.
- Silat Enfour, a capsuleer who couldn't entirely rely on some of his crew.
- Sukuuvestaa Corporation head
- Vertan Nejowin, a worker for a plastic surgery corporation involved in some illicit business.
- Yonate, a former Cukuuvestaa CFO who held a damning secret.
The Liberals advocate increased communication and cooperation with outsiders. They do believe in a world of open borders and free flow of trade, but not at the cost of safety, integrity, or the law.
- Hyasyoda Corporation
- Ishukone Corporation
- Lazar, a crew member who meets his match on a spaceship.
- Marlovian Joocasta, an entertainer who has since retreated to a life of quiet.
- Mila Gariushi, a woman with a sharp memory.
- Otro Gariushi, a corporate leader involved in terrifying plots.
- Tyma Raitaru, a freelance researcher.
- Neral, a communications officer who feared incursions.
- Parien, a crewmember with a conscience.
- Vilamo Gariushi, a father who fell from grace.
The Patriots, meanwhile, concern themselves less with trade (though commerce can never be fully be removed from the Caldari mindset), but with maintaining what they see as the rightful place of the Caldari State, right at the apex of the empire order. For them, the engagement of trade is a means toward economical dominance.
- Adek survived life on a low-sec mining colony.
- Entrye Chrare is a museum curator who possesses secret knowledge.
- Janus Bravour was Tibus Heth's most trusted lieutenant.
- Jatek, a crew member on a strange vessel.
- Jinyo is Tibus Heth's acting aide.
- Jocasta Meliaan, to all appearances, a low-ranking Kaalakiota employee.
- Haatakan Oiritsuu, current CEO of Kaalakiota Corporation
- Kaalakiota Corporation
- Kralen, a crew member on a strange vessel.
- Lai Dai Corporation
- Morda Engsten, Fleet Admiral of the Navy.
- Pekki Mataken, a major corporate manager.
- Reania, a crew member who did an about-face.
- Tahaki Karin, a crewmember who nearly encountered a rogue drone.
- Wiyrkomi Corporation
- Dr. Yoshun was Tibus Heth's personal physician.
- Antel, an honest worker.
- David, former Kaalakiota CEO who possessed a damning secret.
- Kishbin, a former Sukuuvestaa CEO who disapproved of illicit feelings.
- Tyunaul Seituoda, the founder of Wiyrkomi.
Certain entities may have aims of their own that are either impossible to detect or to categorize along these lines.
- Aki Onikori, a renegade known as the Fiend.
- Arii, responsible for tracking Professor Lianda Burreau and her clone.
- Genharis Yukova, a former Kaalakiota employee
- Hilen Tukoss, the head of Zainou Biotech's best surveillance team .
- Melarius Torvil, the leader of the Brothers of Freedom
- Minato Zumari, commander and explorer.
- Skidochi, a Caldari mercenary.
- Trevor Kekkonen was a Caldari scientist with a thirst for vengeance.
- Vania, a former factory worker, Melarius' girlfriend
Past People of Mystery